Administrative Assistant Graphic Designer
AKE Safety Equipment – makers of STOP-FYRE® The World’s BEST Fire Extinguisher®– is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant Graphic Designer.
This position is full-time and would be located in Rochester, MN.
Relocation would be required.
Candidates must be able to start as soon as possible.
AKE Safety Equipment - makers of STOP-FYRE® The World’s BEST Fire Extinguisher®– is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant Graphic Designer. This hybrid position is responsible for providing support to the sales and marketing departments of AKE Safety Equipment. Will handle a variety of duties that are critical to the nature of the business while conducting oneself with a high degree of professionalism and judgment. We are looking for someone that is loyal and thrives within a creative, fast-paced environment. Must be able to quickly adapt to change and is able to keep the success and forward movement of the business as the ultimate top priority.
Collaborates with: Digital Marketing Coordinator, Digital Marketing Assistant, Sales Department and other company areas as needed
Schedule: Full-time, 9 - 5 Mon-Friday (Subject to vary depending on workload)
- Excellent organizational or prioritization skills.
- Will be handling multiple projects. Must be able to report progress as needed and create action plans to finish projects on time.
- Design materials, update those materials for changing specifications and continual improvement.
- Prepares layouts, designs, and artwork for social media use.
- May serve as a liaison between outside sales force and AKE staff.
- Contributes new ideas that help drive efficiency.
- Effectively support and back up other administrative assistants, especially for high priority meetings, deadlines, and general sales support functions.
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial and/ or sales environment.
- Special projects and other duties as needed.
- Up to 30% domestic travel.
- Degree in Graphic Design
- 2 + years of videography, video editing, and photography
- Strong understanding of the principles of design
- 3 + years’ experience in administrative support
- Anticipate a variety of needs and problems and proactively suggest solutions
- Must be able to use excellent judgment and discretion in a variety of unique situations
- Outstanding organizational and clerical skills
- Ability to work courteously and cooperatively with AKE Staff
- Strong interpersonal skills – outgoing, patient, professional
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative, Sales Force Management System and QuickBooks
- Knowledge and ability to use UPS, FedEx and SpeeDee shipping software
Expected Personal Skills
Enthusiastic, adaptable, cooperative, motivated, creative, confident, reliable, resourceful, flexible, and with a can-do attitude.
Medical, dental, and vision health plans as well as IRA, supplemental benefits (Aflac products), paid holidays and paid time off.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Apply now!