Executive Administrative Assistant
AKE Safety Equipment – makers of STOP-FYRE® The World’s BEST Fire Extinguisher®– is currently looking for an Administrative Sales Assistant.
This position is full-time and would be located in Rochester, MN.
Relocation would be required.
Candidates must be able to start as soon as possible.
The Administrative Sales Assistant is responsible for providing direct administrative support for the VP of Sales and general sales department of AKE Safety Equipment. Handles a variety of confidential duties that are critical to the nature of the business while conducting oneself with a high degree of professionalism and sound judgement. We are looking for someone that is loyal and thrives within a creative, fast paced environment. Must be able to quickly adapt to change and is able to keep the success and forward movement of the business as the ultimate top priority.
This position is considered to be an extension of the VP of Sales.
- Advises individuals inside and outside the organization on the VP of Sale’s views on policies and expectations
- Disperses information and instruction from VP of Sales to other members of the sales team, including Sales Managers and Sales Representatives
- Serve as a liaison between outside sales force and AKE staff
- Prepares reports and provides recommendations for solutions of operational and administrative problems
- Issues and interprets operating policies
- May compose and sign correspondence for VP of Sales
- May serve as the VP of Sales’ representative at meetings and act as a liaison to AKE staff
- Screen and return phone calls as needed
- Reads and answers correspondence
- Contributes new ideas that help drive efficiency
- Effectively support and back up other administrative assistants, especially for high priority meetings, deadlines and general sales support functions
- Manage personal and professional calendars and other meeting and event arrangements
- Coordinate travel arrangements as necessary
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
- Special projects and other duties and personal errands as needed
- Will be handling multiple projects. Must be able to report progress as needed and create action plans to finish projects on time
- Up to 30% domestic travel
- Anticipate a variety of needs and problems and proactively suggest solutions
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial and/ or sales environment
- Must be able to use excellent judgement and discretion in a variety of unique situations
- Sensitivity to confidential information
- Outstanding organizational and clerical skills
- Ability to work courteously and cooperatively with all AKE Staff, vendors and customers
- Strong interpersonal skills – outgoing, patient, professional
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and QuickBooks
- Proficiency in Sales Force Management System
- Knowledge and ability to use UPS, FedEx and SpeeDee shipping software
- Knowledge in Graphic Design is preferred
- Design materials, update those materials for changing specifications and continual improvement
- Prepares layouts, designs and art work for social media use.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative, 2 + years in videography, video editing and photography
Medical, dental, and vision health plans as well as IRA, supplemental benefits (Aflac products), paid holidays and paid time off.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Apply now!