Social Media Specialist
AKE Safety Equipment, the makers of STOP-FYRE® The World’s BEST Fire Extinguisher®, is looking for a Social Media Specialist.
The Social Media Specialist will actively manage, contribute and monitor social media and content creation efforts across all platforms for the Marketing department of AKE Safety Equipment. We are looking for someone that thrives within a creative, fast paced environment of a growing company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement social media strategy and best practices across various platforms and social media communities including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.
- Continually improve best practices for social marketing initiatives to increase conversations, consumer engagement and optimization.
- Proactively manage and monitor all social media accounts, including reporting and responses on a daily and weekly basis.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities.
- Build and maintain the company’s content distribution network by way of social media channels.
- Build social communities and support the company’s reputation management strategies.
- Monitor the social media networks for customer service opportunities and handle accordingly.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key social media audiences such as bloggers, influencers, online media, etc.
- Identify opportunities, trends and features in the social media space.
- Create and maintain company’s blog.
- Track and provide reports regarding social media impact and growth.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding our brand and report to appropriate parties.
- Conduct keyword research including cataloguing and indexing target keyword phrases.
- Work closely with the Customer Service departments as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Marketing or other related field.
- 2+ years of social media marketing, online marketing or public relations experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of and strong personal interest in social media.
- Passion for keeping on top of new media trends and technology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign preferred.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization.
- Excellent technical skills, illustrating professional expertise with social media technologies and advanced knowledge of tools like forums, blogs, live chats, social networks, podcasts, wikis, etc.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quick produce editorial and technical writing.
- Strong ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work efficiently both individually and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side.
We offer medical, dental, and vision health plans as well as IRA, supplemental benefits (Aflac products), paid holidays and paid time off.
This position is full-time and located in Rochester, MN. Relocation would be required. Candidate must be able to start as soon as possible.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Apply now!