When it comes to farm fire safety, having a clean agent fire extinguisher around like STOP-FYRE® can mean the difference between a small, containable incident and a total loss of valuable machinery and property. Unlike dry chemical fire extinguishers, STOP-FYRE’s® liquefied gas agent is not corrosive to metals and electronics, making it safe for use in extinguishing small machinery fires. As a clean agent fire extinguisher, STOP-FYRE® does not leave behind a mess to clean up.
Top Reasons Farmers Use STOP-FYRE®
- No Mess
- Effective and fast
- Small and durable
- No maintenance necessary
Farm Fire Safety
As a farmer, your time and equipment are very precious and you have your own set of fire problems. Here’s why farmers trust STOP-FYRE® as the best fire extinguisher and their first choice in fire safety:
- Activities with a high chance of fire (e.g. welding, cutting, harvest, etc.)
- Large volume of flammables (e.g. hay, fuel, wood, etc.)
- Remote location results in longer fire department response times
- Livelihood and home are at risk at the same time
- Three times more likely to have a fire
- Average a fire every 3-4 years large enough to need a fire extinguisher
- Significant amount of expensive machinery, property, and buildings at risk
- Lack of time to maintain dry chemical units resulting in greater risk of non-functional extinguishers
Farm Fire Statistics
From 2007-2011 the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) studied the amount of fires and their effects across many types of structures. Below are their findings for agricultural structures (all numbers are annual averages).
For Fires Confined to the Object that Caught Fire
- 260 fires
- $4,000,000 in property damage ($15,000 per fire)
For Fires that Spread Beyond the Object that Caught Fire
- 610 fires
- $44,000,000 in property damage ($72,000 per fire)
- Why Choose STOP-FYRE®?
- Compare fire extinguisher types and see how STOP-FYRE® is a more reliable and effective fire extinguisher.
- Value Comparison
- See how STOP-FYRE’s® long-term value compares to traditional dry chemical fire extinguishers.
- Read some of the most commonly asked questions about STOP-FYRE®.
- Lifetime No-Hassle Guarantee
- Feel at ease with STOP-FYRE®, the only fire extinguisher with a Lifetime No-Hassle Guarantee.