STOP-FYRE® Fire Extinguisher FAQ
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about STOP-FYRE fire extinguishers:
First, our objective is to make the most reliable extinguisher, it is all we do! We make STOP-FYRE with the expectation that it will perform for decades under the most extreme of conditions. Second, great effort has been made in the choices of literally every component, including plastics, metal alloys, and even adhesives, to ensure STOP-FYRE stands the test of time, on any type of farm, home, machine, or vehicle, so you can trust it will be there when you need it. Third, we back this up with a No-Hassle Guarantee on every product we sell.
1. Liquified Gas - STOP-FYRE is in this category, and is effective on A, B, and C fires.
2. Dry Chemical Powder - The most common fire extinguisher available. It contains a corrosive powder, ammonium phosphate, which can be used to extinguish class A, B and C fires.
3. Foam - Effective on various classes of fire depending upon foam type. Do not use on class C fires due to high water content.
4. Water - Effective on class A fires only. (You must add antifreeze to them in cold climates because otherwise they can freeze in the wintertime and break from the water expanding during freezing.) Do not use on class B or C fires.
5. Carbon Dioxide - Effective on class B and C fires only.